As a manufacturer specializing in the production and sale of industrial rubber products, FUKOKU has built and is operating its own environmental management systems, and is pursuing business activities that are conscious of the global environment. The overall policy underpinning these systems provides our environmental policy. See below for specific efforts being made toward individual issues.
We are working to manage and reduce our energy use to ensure it is used without waste and to reduce our CO2 emissions.
We are working to manage and reduce our water use (tap water, groundwater, industrial water) to ensure it is used without waste.
We are striving to manage our use of chemicals to ensure they are used without waste and to reduce the quantities used.
We are engaged in the separation management and recycling of industrial waste products. We are also working to curb the generation of industrial waste.
We are preventing pollution (water pollution, air pollution, etc.) through the measurement and monitoring of factory wastewater, boiler ash, etc. and through regular inspections.
To protect our Earth from environmental destruction, each and every one of our employees will be mindful of the environment in their actions and fulfill our corporate social responsibility.
As a manufacturer specializing in the production and sale of industrial rubber products, FUKOKU has built and is operating its own environmental management systems. Through environmental management activities based on the following policy, we will aim to achieve harmony with the local community and the global environment.
1. FUKOKU’s environmental management system applies to the design, development, and manufacturing activities for industrial rubber products, plastic products, and ultrasonic motors.
2. We will comply with laws, regulations, agreements, and the requirements, etc. of interested parties related to the environment and strive for the prevention of environmental pollution.
3. We will strive to contribute to a low-carbon society by promoting energy conservation and to a recycling-oriented society by promoting resources conservation and reducing waste.
4. As much as possible, we will abolish and reduce substances that place a burden on the environment, such as global-warming substances, ozone-depleting substances, and hazardous substances in our equipment and the raw materials and secondary materials we use, and convert to alternatives, in our efforts to reduce our environmental footprint and to protect biodiversity and ecosystems.
5. We will determine and adhere to our compliance obligations (laws and regulations, standards, guidelines, etc.).
6. To achieve this policy, all divisions will, as far as technologically and economically possible, set, implement, and review their objectives and targets for the above activities in their environmental programs, and strive for the continuous improvement and enhancement of their environmental performance and the environmental management systems.
7. We will communicate this policy to all employees and strive to raise their awareness of the environment. We will also convey it to all interested parties and request their understanding and cooperation.
This environmental policy will be disclosed outside the Company.
April 1, 2020
President & CEO
FUKOKU Co., Ltd.